12 Jul Shipping Coordinator
Website Strategic Staffing Inc
Shipping Coordinator Objectives
The shipping coordinator performs various tasks as required to organize and expedite outgoing shipments to customers. This includes (but is not limited to) maintaining complete and accurate shipping documentation records, assisting with freight quotes, ETAs, and tracking information, and processing shipping documents to be invoiced. Our Shipping Coordinator will have the ability to maintain effective communication between shipping, manufacturing floor staff, operations supervisors, customer service and logistics coordinators. Assist in other related duties as deemed necessary by Operations Supervisor and as required by business needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage outbound materials from the San Clemente/TMA warehouses, specifically those being shipped through Small Packages, LTLs, and Transfers
- Control documentation for shipments such as BOL, packing slips, dispatch pick tickets, Pro Numbers, Tracking Numbers, etc.
- Provide quality control of outbound shipments by matching quantities and part numbers, packing the materials in a safe and efficient manner, weighing and labeling the shipments, and physically loading materials for transport
- UPS/FedEx software is to be used effectively for freight quotes, creating shipment labels, scheduling pick-ups, and running reports
- Complete daily shipping documentation by entering the shipping information into the dispatch notes and moving to status 7, and then distribute the paperwork to the front office.
- Performs general housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of the dock and shipping areas. Also alerts purchasing if shipping materials are needed, such as labels.
- Cooperate and communicate with other departments, truck operators, and customers to coordinate and expedite shipments; should be flexible enough to delegate responsibilities to others when busy and/or assist others in the shipping department whenever possible.
- High School diploma or equivalent highly desired.
- Shipping experience highly desired
- Proficiency navigating Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Outlook, etc.) and shipping platforms (FedEx, UPS, DHL, ShipLink, etc.)
- Forklift operator certification or able to pass certification test.
- Ability to work with and understand the challenges of a fast-paced shipping department
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures may be hot or cold.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org